Wax Poetics Issue 17 (Paperback Reissue)
This is a print-on-demand product printed and shipped by Ingram Lightning Source in the U.S. or U.K., depending on customer's location.
** ALERT ** Due to the current extraordinary circumstances, U.S. manufacturing times have sharply increased to up to three weeks for an order.
138 pages. Original advertisements included.
Some fans say that Jay Dee was the greatest hip-hop producer ever. Wax Poetics speaks in-depth with Jay’s peers and delves deep into his magical, musical life. With our first split-cover, we also honor hip-hop production masters, Public Enemy’s Bomb Squad. Hank Shocklee & Co. take us back to the days of noise and controversy—hip-hop style.
- re:Discovery Atorie, Fantasy Three, Genius Productions, Section 25, TWR Production
- In Memoriam: Gordon Parks (1912-2006)
- The Name Game Tanya Morgan is a Hip-Hop Group
- Up North Trip The Untold Saga of J Rock’s Streetwize
- Funky Vows Thes One’s Matrimonial Mixtape
- Blur of Sound Four Tet Selects Records From Across the Board
- In the Trunk Bay Area Hip-Hop and the Rise of Hyphy
- The Flyer King Buddy Esquire and the Art of the Show
- Bomb the Suburbs Adelphi University Radio Station WBAU Put Strong Island on the Map
- Academic Archive Volume XII The Soul of Hank Shocklee
- 12×12 The Breaks: 12 B-boy Classics
- Kool DJ Herc Vs. Pete DJ Jones One Night at the Executive Playhouse
- Son of Detroit Jay Dee Remembered
- With These Hands Life Lessons with Dilla
- Louder Than Bombs An Oral History of the Bomb Squad, Public Enemy’s Production Machine
- Audio Heritage: An Archival Perspective on Recorded Media Lacquer Discs (pt. 1 of 2)