Wax Poetics Issue 17 (Paperback Reissue)
This print-on-demand product is printed and shipped by Ingram Lightning Source in the U.S. or U.K.
138 pages. Original advertisements included.
Some fans say that Jay Dee was the greatest hip-hop producer ever. Wax Poetics speaks in-depth with Jay’s peers and delves deep into his magical, musical life. With our first split-cover, we also honor hip-hop production masters, Public Enemy’s Bomb Squad. Hank Shocklee & Co. take us back to the days of noise and controversy—hip-hop style.
- re:Discovery Atorie, Fantasy Three, Genius Productions, Section 25, TWR Production
- In Memoriam: Gordon Parks (1912-2006)
- The Name Game Tanya Morgan is a Hip-Hop Group
- Up North Trip The Untold Saga of J Rock’s Streetwize
- Funky Vows Thes One’s Matrimonial Mixtape
- Blur of Sound Four Tet Selects Records From Across the Board
- In the Trunk Bay Area Hip-Hop and the Rise of Hyphy
- The Flyer King Buddy Esquire and the Art of the Show
- Bomb the Suburbs Adelphi University Radio Station WBAU Put Strong Island on the Map
- Academic Archive Volume XII The Soul of Hank Shocklee
- 12×12 The Breaks: 12 B-boy Classics
- Kool DJ Herc Vs. Pete DJ Jones One Night at the Executive Playhouse
- Son of Detroit Jay Dee Remembered
- With These Hands Life Lessons with Dilla
- Louder Than Bombs An Oral History of the Bomb Squad, Public Enemy’s Production Machine
- Audio Heritage: An Archival Perspective on Recorded Media Lacquer Discs (pt. 1 of 2)